Our NFP/NGO (not for profit/non-government) organisation is dedicated to supporting
adults and children living with pituitary disorders.
The foundation relies on the goodwill of our volunteers for growth.
We are seeking Volunteer State Co-ordinators for QLD, NSW & VIC, who will work with the National team.
This role will be rewarding and would suit an enthusiastic and organised person who likes meeting people,
but more importantly, someone who is passionate about supporting members and raising awareness
of the APF within the community.
Ideally, you will be a person who has had some background experience and knowledge of
pituitary disorders and a Medical/Allied Health sector qualification. Additionally, the right person
would have great communication and presentation skills.
The Australian Pituitary Foundation Ltd is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting adults and children living with pituitary disorders.
Like many support organisations, the APF needs volunteers to keep its wheels turning smoothly.
The Australian Pituitary Foundation is involved in a number of activities including:
• Providing a support network for adults, children and their families
• Supporting healthcare professionals
• Networking with endocrine support groups
• Lobbying government
• Arranging education & social activities
• Promoting Pituitary awareness
The State Coordinator will be the initial contact for people with pituitary conditions enquiring or needing support and services. You will also work with Health Care Providers and become the “face” of the APF in your local region.
You will become a key member of a friendly dedicated operational team of volunteers and as such, will also be required to provide assistance to any volunteering team by mentoring and coordinating the tasks performed by the volunteers in your region.
- Has a tertiary qualification in health or a community service discipline
- Personal connection with pituitary disease will be considered favourably but not essential
- Lives in the major capital city of your state
- Able to work from a home office
- No remuneration apart from reimbursement of expenses incurred in fulfilling duties
- Volunteer requires flexibility in availability – during business hours, some after hours, weekend events,evening conference calls/meetings – would suit a part time worker, a person with grown up children or a retiree
- Some inter/intra state travel may be required
If you are interested in the above position please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting further information. It is anticipated the position will commence in 2018.